Bhubaneswar, July 28: Covid-19 death toll reached 154 in Odisha after seven more persons succumbed in the last 24 hours, the state health department said on Tuesday.
“Regret to inform the demise of 7 Covid positive patients while under treatment in hospitals,” it tweeted.
As many as 1215 new positive cases were detected during the same period.
On the other hand, as many as 35 Covid-19 positive persons have died due to other ailments in the state.
Details of the seven deceased as issued by the health department:
1. A 55-year-old male of Ganjam district
2. A 72-year-old male of Rayagada district who was also suffering from Diabetes
3. A 31-year-old male of Rayagada district
4. A 56-year-old male of Ganjam district
5. A 45-year-old male of Cuttack district who was also suffering from Bronchial asthma and Diabetes
6. A 39-year-old male of Ganjam district
7. A 5-year-old male child of Bhubaneswar who was also suffering from Cerebral Palsy with seizure disorder