Malkangiri, Sep 22: A car allegedly transporting ganja caught fire near MV-17 village in Malkangiri district today.
Fire officials said that no one was injured in the incident as the driver and another occupant in the car managed to escape from the spot.
“We received information of a car catching fire and we rushed to the spot. We managed to douse the flames but later found ganja being turned into ashes in the blaze. We suspect the car caught fire due to a short circuit,” said a fire official.
Police said that they are trying to ascertain the ownership of the car.