Bhubaneswar: Properties worth lakhs of rupees were reduced to ashes as over 70 shops were gutted in a major fire at Golbazaar in Sambalpur city last night.
According to reports, a fire spread fast after being emanated from a source at about 11 pm on Sunday night. On being informed by locals, fire brigade personnel rushed to the spot and doused the fire after hours of attempt. By the time the fire was extinguished, about 70 shops had been burnt fully. As many as three fire vehicles were engaged in the extinguishing work.
While exact reason behind the incident was yet to be known, an electric short circuit is suspected to be the reason behind the incident.