Bhubaneswar, Aug 27: Seven more Covid-19 patients succumbed to the virus in the last 24 hours taking the death toll to 448 in Odisha.
“Regret to inform the demise of Seven #COVID19 positive patients while under treatment in hospitals,” the state health department tweeted on Thursday.
On the other hand, as many as 53 positive persons have died due to other ailments in the state.
Details of the deceased:
1. A 62-year old female of Bhubaneswar who was also suffering from Hypertension, Diabetes, Coronary Artery Disease, Hypothyroidism, morbid obesity.
2. A 76-year old female of Bargarh district who was also suffering from Hypertension, Diabetes.
3. A 65-year old male of Bargarh district who was also suffering from Chronic Kidney Disease.
4. A 60-year old male of Bhadrak district.
5. A 75-year old male of Sambalpur district who was also suffering from Diabetes.
6. A 58-year old male of Sambalpur district who was also suffering from Hypertension, Hyponatremia.
7. A 60-year old female of Sambalpur district.
As many as 3384 persons tested positive for Covid-19 on August 26 in Odisha, the health department said on Thursday.
When 2128 cases were reported from quarantine centres, 1256 were local contacts.
The corona tally reached 90,986 in the state with detection of the new cases.