Bhubaneswar, July 19: Ten freedom fighters from Odisha will be felicitated by the President of India Ram Nath Kovind on the occasion of August Movement or known as August Kranti.
However, in view of COVID-19 situation, the freedom fighters will not visit the Rashtrapati Bhawan. The district collectors will visit the residences of the veteran freedom fighters to honour them with the President’s Award.
The freedom fighters who will be honoured with the prestigious award are:
- Nilamani Samal- Balipadia village under Badachana block in Jajpur district.
- Ramahari Goswami- Surjyapur village in Dhusuri of Bhadrak District.
- Gourahari Goswami- Surjyapur village in Dhusuri of Bhadrak District.
- Ishwara Bisoyi- Majhikandi village in Ranpur of Nayagarh district.
- Brajakishore Rout- Kamarbhandha in Dhamnagar of Bhadrak district.
- Biswanath Das- Sindhola village in Balikuda of Jagatsinghpur district.
- Debananda Gupta- Kalami village in Mura of Sambalpur district.
- Sahadeb Behera- Kantilo in Nayagarh district.
- Makardhwaja Das- Hatabanapur in Kendrapara district,
- Dadhichi Sahoo- Kaipadar in jajpur district.